According to She knows Travel, these are the Top 10 Reasons to visit Belize. Although I agree with the list, there is one that could have been edited: number 5. I would have said something like Adventures at Caves Branch :) simply because we are adventure!
1. Mayan ruins - the ones in Belize might not be famous but don’t discount them. They are much more enticing than what meets the eye!
2. Great Blue Hole – “These underwater sinkholes offer a fascinating diving experience and the one in Belize is no exception. The hole is approximately one-quarter of a mile across and inside the hole the water is 480 feet deep.”
3. Wildlife – is home to all nature lovers! Belize is honored to be called “Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret”. You can see why…
4. Ease of Travel – It is super easy to get around, almost everyone speaks English, or Spanish (or both in addition to other native languages). The currency is easy to calculate and US$ are accepted everywhere in the country.
5. Opportunity for Adventure - Whether you are rock climbing waterfalls while hundreds of feet underground, repelling over a 300 foot cliff face into the abyss of the Black Hole, exploring 7 miles of underground rivers on inner tubes, entering Xibabla, the Mayan Underworld, spending hours in our world acclaimed botanical gardens or relaxing along side of our two tier jungle pools and hot tub, your adventure experience is the most exciting you have ever had...anywhere!
6. Diving & Snorkeling – “Belize boasts the longest barrier reef in the western hemisphere and second longest in the world. So if underwater exploring is a must on your vacation to-do list, this is the place to do it.”
7. Food – most food is made out of fresh produce. Almost all meals prepared will have no preservatives. All meat, especially sea food, is freshly caught! You can taste it in one bite. The food in Belize is a mix of different dishes such as Mexican, Caribbean and other native/ international dishes.
8. Beaches – “While not known for its beaches in the same way as say, the Caribbean, there are a few prime stretches of sand worth seeking out in Belize.”
9. Island Escape – “Worth a night or two for the phenomenal snorkeling and the quiet, deserted island vibe. Have a drink overlooking the ocean (you might spot a few stingrays) or relax in one of the many hammocks.”
10. Diversity – “One of the best things about Belize is how much there is to see and do. From hiking and bird watching to beach-hopping, shopping, snorkeling and diving, there's something for every type of traveler (and every budget) in Belize.”
Thank you for a beautiful article.