- Reservations can be made by Phone, Fax or by Email.
- Whenever a reservation is made, a credit card form will be sent to you - which you will need to fill out and return by Fax to us. We prefer to have your signed authorization of the charges as well as your acknowledgment of our policies using the form that is sent with all invoices.
- A minimum stay of 3 nights is required for all advance reservations. We offer 3 through 7 nights all inclusive packages.
Black Out Dates
- Christmas and New Years - December 19th - January 6th
- Valentine's week - February 10th - 17th
- President's Day week - February 17th - 24th
- Spring Break - March 10th - 31st
- Easter dates - fluctuate each year
- Check in time is 2:00pm
- Check out time is 11:00am
- If you arrive at the lodge before 2pm and your room is not ready, we cordially invite you to relax at our bar with either snacks, lunch or drinks or relax by the pool while you wait. We will do everything possible to have your room ready for you as soon as possible.
- For check outs - if you feel you need to stay in your room longer than 11am, discuss this with the Guest Services staff on duty. They will be able to tell you whether or not this is possible.
- If you need to check out early in the morning, before 7am, request your bill from the evening before so that you can take care of this and be ready to leave the following day.
Taxes & Rates
- Room rates are subject to 9% Hotel tax.
- All meals and other miscellaneous charges are subject to 12.5% General Sales Tax (GST).
- All trips are subject to 12.5% General Sales Tax (GST).
- Your Invoice upon confirmation of reservations will have all applicable taxes added.
- Caves Branch reserves the right to adjust pricing without notice before any reservation is confirmed, but once a reservation is confirmed, all pricing is guaranteed final.
- Honeymoon Package prices are listed per COUPLE, not per person.
- Prices are available for packages for single travelers – Contact us for more information.
- All prices are quoted in $US.
- We accept ONLY Visa & MasterCard (credit cards) at the lodge for payment of your invoice balance, trips, rooms and other services.
- Credit card charges are at a rate of BZD$2.00 to USD$1.00.
- A deposit of 50% of the total of your invoice is required within 24 hours of your reservation in order to confirm. If it is not provided within this time, Caves Branch reserves the right to release your room until payment is made.
- Gratuities are not included in any charges. Gratuities are, however, appreciated by all staff but we prefer to leave tipping to the individual.
- A credit card form is sent along with your invoice so that you can send in your information for immediate payment.
- Children who are under 9 yrs. incur no charge for accommodations, meals and trips as long as the trips are ones offered on our property.
- A discount price of 20% will be given to children for trips such as the Zipline, Snorkeling, Diving, Horseback Riding and Tikal.
- a special discount is provided on 3 to 7 night packages for students age 10 to 16 years.
- Any cancellation of reservations or portions of reservations MUST be received in writing.
- 90+ days prior to arrival = 100% refund less US$100 processing fee.
- 45-89 days prior to arrival = 50% refund less US$100 processing fee.
- 0-44 days prior to arrival = NO refund.
- Due to the above it is HIGHLY recommended that all clients purchase "trip cancellation insurance" in order to cover a possible cancellation of 60 days or less of of initiating itinerary.
- Caves Branch cannot be held responsible or liable for trip cancellations or altered itineraries due to reasons out of our control. Such as acts of God, including but not limited to heavy rains, flooding, storms, hurricanes or any other natural occurrence. Whenever possible another available tour will be substituted for tour cancellations.
- Caves Branch is not responsible for refunding any portions of any itinerary which the clients do not use.
- The Cave Tubing and Zipline Combo, and Snorkeling Day Trips are only offered on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
- The Tikal day tour is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Please note that some tours have set minimums that must be met in order to confirm them.
- Day tours booked for guests not staying overnight at Caves Branch require full payment as confirmation.
- Guests arriving for day trips must be at the lodge at the time stated by their booking agent.
- Lunch is not included on the Snorkel / Diving trips, Tikal trips, Xunantunich day trip, Baboon Sanctuary and Zoo day trip.
- All other full day expeditions include lunch at no additional charge.
- All breakfast and dinner meals offered at Cave’s Branch are buffet style. All dishes are freshly prepared daily as home cooked meals. Our meals are not gourmet and we do not promote them as such.
- Menu is designed to change with seasonal fresh produce.
- Because Caves Branch cannot be held responsible or liable for trip cancellations or altered itineraries due to reasons out of our control, It is highly recommended that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for all bookings done in Belize.
- We do not sell travel insurance.
- Contact Travel Guard at (800) 826-1300, or visit their website: www.travelguard.com. Trip insurance has to be booked within 7 days of purchasing the trip in order to cover pre-existing medical conditions.
Waver of Liability
- Upon checking in, all guests are required to sign a Waiver of Liability release form. A copy of this Waiver of Liability release form can be sent to you in advance if requested.
Guarantee of Participation
- Our concern for your safety is our primary mandate.
- Guarantee of Participation on any expeditions cannot be made in advance for any person even if they have made a reservation and or made a deposit or made payment in full for any activity.
- Caves Branch Jungle Lodge, the management and the staff have the right to refuse participation of any person at any time for any reason leading to the concern that the person's fitness or actions might put that person, or others, in harm's way.
- All decisions are final and not arbitrated.
- Alternative activities will be recommended or if you prefer, payments made to Caves Branch will be refunded in full if we feel that it would be better for your safety if you did not participate on that specific trip.