Photo from: theweemeblog.blogspot.com
1 12 sticks butter at room temperature
1 12 cup sugar
3 large Eggs room temperature
1 12 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
14 cup milk
2 12 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
12 baking soda
12 teaspoon salt
2 cup fresh or canned Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed. Fold in blueberries with a spatula and the batter is completely mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup to the top, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned.
If you stay up in the tree houses, muffins along with coffee and tea are brought up for you early in the morning. To wake up to the smell of sweet blueberry cake muffins makes for a perfect beginning to an adventurous day! This is one of many of our guest's favorites. We hope that you will enjoy and remember us every time you make these. 🙂